Valid for 6 months (single visit)
This part is processing Visa Approval for foreigner.
Visa approval is the necessary documents for foreigners who will take the visa in RI representatives abroad. Visa approval filed in Indonesia by the sponsor of the foreigners who will enter the territory of Indonesia. Visa approval will be given to sponsors to be submitted to the foreigners to be brought to the Representative of Indonesia that has been chosen as the place of issuing of Visa on sponsor letter.
The purpose of this visa is to social/cultural visit, such as visiting relatives/friends; social organizations; exchange visits between educational institutions; undertaking research and attending training programme in Indonesia. With this visa you are not allowed to do business activities in Indonesia or to take up employment. Sponsorship is required by an Indonesian citizen, for instance in Indonesia.
You need to supply the following documents:
Your Indonesian sponsor needs to supply:
- Sponsorship letter of sponsor
- Copy of sponsor identity card whose residence is in Indonesia (KTP)
- Copy of sponsor family register (Kartu Keluarga)
- Copy of sponsor bank account statements
- A letter of registration from the institution/college/school in Indonesia verifying the duration and nature of the course, training or research.
- Evidence that all the necessary fees have been paid in advance. If the applicant is on a scholarship/award programme, a statement/letter of confirmation from the sponsor(s)/awardees is required.
You need to supply:
- Copy of your passport
- 2 (two) passport sized photographs (4 x 6 )
Applying for this visa:
Your documents need to be processed in Jakarta. This process can take up to 4 days before a decision is made and the visa is granted. If your application is approved you will receive a telex visa which you can take to the Indonesian embassy or consulate that has been chosen as the place of issuing of Visa on sponsor letter. A fee is payable in local currencies for the visa application and duration of processing is depending on the embassy – consulate where the visa is applied.
After you have received your social visa, you must return to Indonesia straightaway. You will get 60 days free visit (extendable in Immigration).